Dr. Andreas Schulz is a German lawyer active at an international level in the areas of trademark law and unfair competition law. As a partner of KLAKA he has 35 years of experience in advising German und international companies on the protection of trademarks and trade names and in unfair competition litigation. In particular, he specialises in the field of food law. A further focus of his activities is legal advice in the field of beverages industry.
- Best Lawyers in Germany (2021 Edition)
- "Professional & Experienced", Competitor - JUVE Handbook of Commercial Law Firms 2020/2021
- Who’s Who Legal: National Leader - Germany - Patents 2021
- "He anticipates dangers and advises comprehensively." - Chambers Europe 2021
- Who’s Who Legal: Global Leader - Patents 2020
Trademarks communicate the image of your products and are the voice of product marketing. Their value can quickly exceed the material value of a company. We support you in establishing and expanding your trademark portfolio, in monitoring it and in defending it vigorously. KLAKA helps with everything that makes up the "life" of a brand.
The protection of products and product parts by registered and unregistered designs has been of increasing importance for many years. It is an effective instrument against counterfeits. This applies to national designs as well as to designs protected within the EU, to the acquisition of design protection as well as to the enforcement of design rights, out of court and before the courts.
The global market is characterised by free trade. The rules of this international economic exchange are expressed in unfair competition law. Comparative or misleading advertising, product imitation, the headhunting of personnel or price dumping may result in unfair competition proceedings. This affects all sectors, from the automotive industry to financial services, from retailers to the internet trade, or from the pharmaceuticals industry to the increasingly deregulated energy supply market.
Food and drug
Food and drug
The manufacture and distribution of food and drugs in the European Union is subject to strict regulation. In addition to food and drug legislation and unfair competition law, numerous national and European standards regulate all phases of product development and distribution. This is particularly important in cases of health-related food advertising.
|1983||Admission to the bar; joined KLAKA|
|1982||Postdoc Stanford University, Palo Alto|
|1981||Doctor of Law|
|1979 - 1980||Research assistant for European and International Commercial Law at Munich University|
|1974 - 1982||Studies at the Universities of Munich and Goettingen|
German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
Expert committee for competition and trademark law
- Dr. Andreas Schulz: Waffengleichheit – Der Gegenanspruch des Abgemahnten aus § 13 Abs. 5 UWG auf Ersatz der Aufwendungen für seine Rechtsverteidigung, WRP 2022, 949 ff.
- Dr. Andreas Schulz, Dr. Carola Onken: Inhalt des Markenrechts; Schranken des Markenrechts, in: Erdmann/Rojahn/Sosnitza, Handbuch FA Gewerblicher Rechtsschutz, Carl Heymanns, 3. Aufl. 2018, S. 575-642
- Dr. Andreas Schulz: Kommentiert das UWG Verjährungsrecht in Harte/Hennig, UWG, 5. Aufl. 2021
- Der Wettbewerbsprozess
GRUR-Seminare - DeutscheAnwaltakademie
Speaker: Dr. Andreas Schulz
Date: July 1st, 2021