Dr. Stefan Eck's practice focuses on patent and utility model law. For nearly 20 years, he has represented and advised national and international companies in all related areas and proceedings, in particular in complex infringement disputes and nullity proceedings, but also in vindication proceedings and matters of employee invention law. Another focus is the drafting and negotiation of license and research and development agreements. Dr. Stefan Eck has particular experience in the fields of biotechnology, chemistry, pharmaceuticals, medical technology, optics, machinery and equipment, and general mechanics. In addition, he advises on unfair competition law and also conducts litigation there for domestic and foreign clients. From 2011 to 2017, he was a lecturer for unfair competition law and intellectual property law at the Ingolstadt University of Applied Sciences.
- Best Lawyers in Germany (2021 Edition)
- "Professional and experienced", Competitor - JUVE Handbook of Commercial Law Firms 2020/2021
- "Stefan Eck: very experienced, very engaging." - Legal 500 Germany 2020/2021
- “Stefan Eck: Competent, procedural documents prepared with great care, arguments kept to the point. Works very ambitiously also on new or complex topics, procedural documents are therefore at a very high standard; high motivation.” - Legal 500 EMEA 2021
- Who’s Who Legal: National Leader - Germany - Patents 2021
Patent and utility models
Patent and utility models
The powerfulness of our patent law team is based on a deep understanding of technical and economic contexts. We can rely on many years of experience in out-of-court counseling and judicial enforcement of your claims before the specialized German courts. But we also support and represent you in and out-of-court in the case of claims against your company due to alleged infringement of intellectual property rights and develop strategies for effective defense together with you. We assist you in opposition, nullity or cancellation proceedings before the German and European Patent Offices and the Federal Patent Court as well as before the Federal Supreme Court.
The global market is characterised by free trade. The rules of this international economic exchange are expressed in unfair competition law. Comparative or misleading advertising, product imitation, the headhunting of personnel or price dumping may result in unfair competition proceedings. This affects all sectors, from the automotive industry to financial services, from retailers to the internet trade, or from the pharmaceuticals industry to the increasingly deregulated energy supply market.
|2011 - 2017||Lecturer at the Ingolstadt University of Applied Sciences|
|2003||Doctor of Law|
|2003||Admission to the bar|
|2000 - 2002||During doctorate studies work with a large international legal practice specialised in the protection of intellectual property|
|1997 - 1999||Traineeship in Heidelberg|
|1992 - 1997||Studies at the University of Freiburg|
- Dr. Stefan Eck: Der erfundene Verbesserungsvorschlag, Mitteilungen der deutschen Patentanwälte 2009, S. 367 ff.
- Dr. Stefan Eck: Das Hosting einer rechtsverletzenden Information für ein abhängiges Konzernunternehmen, MMR 2005, S. 7 ff.
- Dr. Stefan Eck: Providerhaftung von Konzernunternehmen: Rechtliche Zusammenschau von Konzernunternehmen bei der Verbreitung rechtsverletzender Informationen im Internet, Peter Lang, Frankfurt, 2004.
- Patente, Markenrechte und ihre Bedeutung für börsennotierte Unternehmen
Folge 93 der Podcast-Reihe „Der Finanzwesir rockt“
Speaker: Dr. Stefan Eck
Date: August 3, 2020