History

KLAKA is bearing on a tradition of legal advice that goes right back to the nineteenth century. In 1879, the two counsellors of justice Dr. Max Rauchenberger and Dr. Christoph Schramm founded a law firm specialised in the protection of intellectual property rights in Munich. In 1951 Rainer Klaka entered the law firm, then into the second generation and managed by Dr. Carl Schramm, and in 1959 became a partner. Shortly thereafter, Dr. Michael Nieder and Guido Diemer entered the law firm which was operating under the name of Dr. Carl Schramm – Rainer Klaka – Walter Zwipf – Dr. Peter Schade. It was with these two colleagues that Rainer Klaka, in 1979, founded the law firm KLAKA in Munich.

Building on this 130-year tradition of legal advice for the protection of intellectual property, the firm KLAKA today is active in particular in the sectors of trademark law, patent law and unfair competition law.

This tradition is a responsibility and challenge for us to further develop our law firm. Rainer Klaka has always been forward thinking. He anticipated legal developments for his clients in the field of intellectual property law and offered appropriate counselling and advice. This aim today is still an integral part of our identity as modern commercial lawyers.